Thanks to @lifeofafemalebibliophile for posting these questions!
Check out her link below: http://lifeofafemalebibliophile.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/book-tag-thursday-love-it-or-hate-it/
1. Biggest literary let-down?
– Toni Morrison’s long awaited comeback: Love, A Mercy, and Home 😦
2. Books that you liked that other people hated?
- The Pillars of the Earth – Ken Follett
3. Best Quotes?
Not sure if these are my absolute favorites, but the below (afro-lit) quotes have been on my mind lately:
“This was love: a string of coincidences that gathered significance and became miracles”- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Half of a Yellow Sun
“Love is like the rain . . . if you’re not careful it will drown you.” – Edwidge, Danticat, Breath, Eyes, Memory
“Don’t ever think I fell for you, or fell over you. I didn’t fall in love, I rose in it.” – Toni Morrison, Jazz
4. Worst Quotes?
Stumped on this one . . . sorry!
5. Books you didn’t finish?
I simply could not get into it…
- The Kite Runner
***ducks for cover***
6. What book have you read the most times?
Toni Morrison’s The Bluest Eye (3 times . . . and it’s better each time)
7. Series where the first book was amazing but went downhill from there?
I was crazy about the Left Behind series when I was in high school. I read the first four and then abandoned the brand :-(. The made-for-tv movies are even worse.